Privacy & Cookies:
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure.
So you’re clued up, here’s why we need it and how we use it.
1. The good stuff
We will only use your data to up your experience.
2. Locked down
We’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
3. Straight talking
We’ll always talk your language and have your back – no nonsense, no surprises.
4. No spam
You decide what and how you hear from us.
5. Just the essentials
Your info won’t just hang about – if we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
Protecting Your Privacy
At JustAskMiller, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors (yep, we mean you). The JustAskMiller team members are customers themselves, of both JustAskMiller and other internet sites – so we totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at email@example.com
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is JustAskMiller.com Limited.
Navigating this page
• How we use your information
• Sharing your information
• Marketing messages
• Seeing adverts for JustAskMiller.com online
• Your information and countries outside Europe
• Keeping your information
• Your rights
• Changes to how we protect your privacy
• How to contact us
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
|How we use your name & contact details||Why?|
|Deliver your purchases to you||We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (it’s a bit hard to send your order if we don’t use your name and contact details!)|
|Send you service messages by text, e-mail or through our app, such as order updates||We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (so you can tell when your order is coming)|
|Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services||To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission|
|Fraud prevention and detection||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or JustAskMiller – unfortunate, but absolutely essential|
|Showing you JustAskMillercom adverts as your browse the web||So you can see our latest products and deals|
|Finding out what you, and other customers, like||To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition|
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies in the JAM group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones)
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), Marketplace sellers where you place an order, and Klarna where you choose to use their payment service
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from JustAskMiller.com
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- Through your account settings
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By contacting our Customer Care team
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that, as JAMcomprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at JAM, for example new designers).
How to stop marketing messages from JAM Marketplace
Marketplace has a separate system for marketing preferences to our main JAM websites and apps. All JAM members have the option to receive marketing communications from Marketplace and/or selected third parties.
If you’re a boutique seller, you will automatically receive a Marketplace newsletter, with content tailored to your particular boutique.
If you decide you no longer want Marketplace marketing communications, you can opt out by visiting My Marketplace > My Details in the JAM Marketplace website or you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Marketplace email.
Seeing adverts for JustAskMiller.com online
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target JAM banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of JAM (for example, your JAM search history, and the content you read on JAM) or on JAM banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Your information and countries outside Europe and U.S
We have a fulfilment centre in the USA, which we may use for processing orders from customers in the EU. The USA is not a country in respect of which there is a European Commission decision of adequacy, and we protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
Keeping your information
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems.If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the JAM website or other JAM services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use JAM.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Reporting A Security Vulnerability
We’re all about taking risks when it comes to our designs, just not our security. If you’ve noticed something’s up with our tech, let us know. Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details, including your company name (if you’re not an JAMer), and details of the vulnerability and what we need to do to reproduce or validate it.
We expect legit security researchers to avoid privacy violations; not destroy or corrupt our precious data; and not interrupt or degrade our awesome service. We only read reports that have been encrypted using our PGP public key too, so make sure you download the JustAskMiller.com PGP Key.
Have Fun Shopping!